Thabbit Qulubana 'ala Diinik
BOYCOTT ISRAEL CAMPAIGN
-Tagged by Aliya-
Here's what we should do. It's simple:
List down 5 of the products from the list below that you are boycotting,
and then list down 5 of the products that you will try your best to boycott,
and finally list another 5 of the products that you find it hard to boycott,
and tag 5 others.
This tag is to get everyone to read the list below carefully and identify which products affects your life and the lives of the Palestinians most! You can also compare your list with your friends and see: if they can boycott one product that you haven't been boycotting, why can't you start to boycott the product too?
5 products I have already boycotted :
1. McD (Already McD-free for almost 2 months, lama la tuh considering I lap Filet-o-Fish oh so very much)
2. Tricon Global Restaurants, Inc. @ YUM! Brands, Inc. that owns KFC, A&W, Long John Silvers, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell (So far tak kebulur pun kalau tak makan KFC atau Pizza Hut. Nak try Radix Fried Chiken bila pi Kedah nanti..heheh)
3. Starbucks (used to love its frappuccino when I was at the States but then vanilla cappuccino bought from Pasar Malam Gombak tastes the same, cheaper some more).
4. TESCO (Went there once and borong 4 packs of Pampers for Nufayl (murah mak nenek harga dia), dah tobat dahh....).
5. Carrefour (Pegi Giant pun ok hape, sapot Malaysian company some more)
5 products I will start to boycott (Kira dah janji la ni kalau dah letak kat sini):
1. Coca-Cola (I don't actually consume coca-cola itself, but need to cut-off Sprite, Fanta and Nestea that I sometimes enjoy. Banyak je Malaysian brands for soft drinks such as Zippie and Chills).
2. Danone (segala coklat dan biskut2 yang sedap dan menggemukkan tu dah tak boleh makan dah la ye, takpe...biskut raya Nor'aini pun boleh..).
3. Maggi (Mee Sedap and Mee Rusky are not that bad).
4. Johnson & Johnson (Other brands kan banyak, ada Anakku, Pureen, Pigeon).
5. Kotex (Tak jenguk lagi market for alternatives. Laurier, boleh kah?).
5 products that I find hard to boycott :
1. Nestle (Pretty hard to find substitute for Nescafe. I don't think there's any substitute for this one at all. Takyah langsung minum la macam tu. Love Kit-Kat too).
2. Intel (All my computers/laptop are Intel, at office and home. So, camne tu nak tukar?).
3. StarWorld (Of News Corporation) (--> 70% of what we watch on tv expecially on american sitcom/comedies. Need to find another method to laugh at other people without feeling guilty...heh.).
4. Disney (This is mostly related to Nufayl's source of amusement...(and sometimes his mother too)). Change to Upin and Ipin instead?.
5. Nokia (Still use the old and CHEAP hand phone since 3 years ago after coming back from Malaysia. This hand phone doesn't even have ring tone yang berlagu-lagu ok. I'll just wait for this one to go kiok, then I'll shove it into the dustbin and buy another brand. Kalau nak tukar je, that phone will go back into the market. Kalau nak buang the still-functioning phone sekarang, membazir itu amalan syaitan la pulak. So, tunggu la kejap until the end of its life cycle since the damage is already done.)
"Each riyal, dirham …etc. used to buy their goods eventually becomes bullets to be fired at the hearts of brothers and children in Palestine. For this reason, it is an obligation not to help them (the enemies of Islam) by buying their goods. To buy their goods is to support tyranny, oppression and aggression."
Syeikh Yusuf Qardhawi, fatwa on boycotting Israeli and their supporters' products
I tag YOU!
posted by Hana' at 1/21/2009 09:41:00 PM |